Elements are the things that make up a painting, drawing, design...
• Line is a dot (point) that moves through space. It's connects one point to another. Lines can organize, direct or separate. They can join elements or divide them. They can create shapes, be expressive, suggest an emotion, or create a rhythm. An actual line is clearly visible. An implied line is perceived by the viewer though not fully developed in the artwork.
• Shape is a self contained defined area of geometric or organic form. A shape is defined by lines or other elements elements of art. they can be simple or complex. The three basic shapes: the circle, the square, and the triangle are considered to be the fundamental shapes found in all design.
• Color is the part of light that is reflected by the object we see. color is the portion of the electromagnetic energy that is visible to the human eye. of light that is reflected by the object we see. In 2D we mix pigments to create new colors. Color is defined by hue and value. Color is an element of art with Three properties.
1) HUE-pure color
2) CHROMA-measurement of intensity (purity and strength) of the color
3) VALUE-Relative lightness or darkness of the color.
• Value is the lightness or darkness of an area or object. It adds dimension by creating the illusion of depth. (there are 9 levels of value on a value scales from the darkness to lightest to white.
• Space refers to the distance between elements that creates positive or negative spaces in a composition.
• Texture is the look and feel of a surface (rough, smooth, soft, hard, glossy, etc) and it can be physical (tactile) or visual (illusion). Texture adds richness and dimension to 2 dimensional artwork.
• Typography is not only to read, letters can be used to create compositions.
Principles is what we do with these elements
• Balance occurs when all the design elements are equally distributed through the design. There are essentially two types of balance: symmetrical and asymmetrical.
• Contrast stresses the visual differences in size, shape, and color between the elements to enhance the perception of a message intended. Contrast also draws and directs the viewer's attention to specific areas.
• Emphasis indicates the most important element because it attracts the viewer's attention first.
• Rhythm is a pattern created by repeating elements. Rhythm also denotes the sequence to the viewing order.
• Scale can attract in different ways. It can be use to draw attention to the unexpected or exaggerated. Overall size, monumental pieces are impact full while miniature has a sense of intimacy. Scale, alone, can change the meaning.
• Unity is achieved when all the design elements relate to one another and project a sense of completeness. Artist and designers use the Gestalt Theory, the psychological process of perception, to create unity (also called harmony).
hi im new hereReplyDelete
why you typing anonymous shit not funny kid.Delete
its not nice you hippieDelete
suck my dick you mother fucking art hippie. art is for fucking high school drop out you fucking dumb ass ,art is never used in real life some art looks like a fucking 3 year old put paint in his ass and shit it out what element does that fucking useReplyDelete
I'd like to see you make more money than a fashion photographerDelete
Even if this is anonymous you shouldn't be saying it. Even though this post is old. I hope the person who wrote this stops acting like a child and learns what common decency is. I get that you had something against artists,but not one is going to listen to a rude person like you. Stop living in your own head and think about what you say. Thank youDelete
bruh, learn how to use commas before you insult people
geez you're so rudeReplyDelete
Eat a cum makerReplyDelete
fuck this artDelete
Why so rudeDelete
you art hippies go get a life slavesReplyDelete
EAT A CUMALATOR YOU HIPPIESReplyDelete
im a highschool drop out that does art and i am poor and i ove in my moms basmentReplyDelete
mincraft build battle me!!!!!!!!!Delete
I'm* I* I* live*Delete
No wonder you dropped out.
simmer down erybody.ReplyDelete
i like turtlesReplyDelete
SAVE THE TURTLES!!Delete
Shut the fuck up you dirty cotton picker go kill yourseld alreadyDelete
kill the turtlesDelete
i love art reply if u tooReplyDelete
Anyone here in quarantine?ReplyDelete
Reply to the post on june 11th 2018. Even if this is anonymous you shouldn't be saying it. Even though this post is old. I hope the person who wrote this stops acting like a child and learns what common decency is. I get that you had something against artists,but no one is going to listen to a rude person like you. Stop living in your own head and think about what you say. Thank youReplyDelete
I dont giveDelete
Bro it's like 7 in the morning it's too early for this shit calm down y'allReplyDelete